Application must be submitted with all of the following supporting documentation to be considered complete.
Cover Letter containing the following information:
- Project Partner’s Contact Information: name, organization/agency, address, phone, email
- Is this a multi-State project? If so, explain and list state(s) involved. Include letter of support from partner(s) in other state(s).
- Description of the project and how the project proposal will meet the criteria in the “Massachusetts Assessment of Need” and protect the public benefits and environmental values identified for the specific “Forest Legacy Area”.
- The source(s) of the required cost-share funds equal to 25% of the total project cost, what they will be used for, and if those funds have been committed by the funding source.
Interest Owner Letter of Commitment: Letter from State Agency, Municipality, or Federal Government (on appropriate letterhead and with authorized original signature) stating that they agree to hold the Forest Legacy Title Interests (Fee and / or CR).
Landowner Participation Letter: Letter signed by the landowner(s) with original signatures of all legal owners stating the following information:
The Project Partner has explained the requirements of the Forest Legacy Program, reviewed the Forest Legacy Program Conservation Restriction / Deed Template with the landowner, and the landowner agrees to include their property for consideration in the application process.
- If the interest to be acquired is a Conservation Restriction, include a statement that the project partner has explained:
- What a Forest Stewardship Plan is and the requirement to have a Forest Stewardship Plan filed with DCR and approved by the State Forester.
- That one of the scoring criteria for the Forest Legacy Program is that the project increases dispersed pedestrian public access. The letter must state if the landowner has agreed to full, restricted, or no public access on the CR property.
Budget Information Worksheet: The budget information must also be entered into FLIS. All numbers in the budget must be rounded to the nearest $5,000.
Boundary / Shapefile(s): For each tract, a shapefile with the boundary of the land to be protected must be included. Bundle all files associated with your tract boundary into a .zip file folder.
Photos: Up to 4 Photos of the project can be included in the application.
Letters of Support: Letters of support, with original signatures, from all supporting parties listed in FLIS. Letters from U.S. and State representatives, State and federal wildlife and conservation agencies, municipal governments, and local conservation organizations are encouraged.