Eversource Energy is offering matching grants to municipalities within their service territory.
- This page, Urban and Community Forestry Eversource Partnership Challenge Grant , is offered by
- Department of Conservation & Recreation
Urban and Community Forestry Eversource Partnership Challenge Grant
Table of Contents
The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) Urban and Community Forestry Program in partnership with the Eversource is offering matching grants to municipalities within their service territory. These grants are made for the purposes of community tree planting and building local capacity for excellent urban and community forestry.
Urban and Community Forestry Eversource Partnership Challenge Grants can be used to fund projects which will result in:
- Urban and Community Forestry Management Plans
- Tree and Forest Ordinances and Policies
- Strong and Effective Citizen Advocacy and Action Organizations
- More Highly Trained Professional Staff
- Strategic Community Tree Plantings
- Appropriate “Heritage” Tree Care Projects
Additional Resources for Overview
If your community is eligible for this grant, you must submit an Intent to Apply Form and our staff will follow up with you on your idea.
Grants must be matched 25% by local funds or in-kind contributions.
Application deadline: November 1
Additional Resources for Grant Details
Intent to Apply
If you or your organization is considering applying for this grant, you must submit this Intent to Apply Form. You may submit it at any during the year, and our staff will follow up with you on your idea. Final full proposals are due once a year on November 1. Your Intent to Apply Form must be received at least one month in advance of this deadline.