Apply for a pharmacy technician license
Bureau of Health Professions Licensure
What you need
Applicants are required to maintain a copy of the most recent Rules and Regulations of the Board.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be of good moral character and not been convicted of a drug-related felony.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent, or currently enrolled in a program that awards such a degree or certificate.
- Have completed either:
- A Board-approved training program
- A minimum of 500 hours of employment as a pharmacy technician trainee.
- Have passed either:
- A Board-approved pharmacy technician assessment examination, administered by the employer or the employer's agent.
- A Board-approved pharmacy technician certification examination to include a copy of your current registration for either:
- The Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technician (EXCPT)
- The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- You must pay the fee to PCS by money order or Visa or MasterCard
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
|Pharmacy technician application||$150||each|
|Handling charge for returned checks||$23||each|
How to apply
Once you have read the eligibility requirements, you can apply for your license online.
- Go to the PCS web portal.
- Click Application Process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the application.
For within the United States
For outside the United States