Apply for a school bus driver certificate
Contact for Apply for a school bus driver certificate
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The Details of Apply for a school bus driver certificate
What you need for Apply for a school bus driver certificate
All applicants for a School Bus Certificate must submit an application online.
- Application must be filled out completely.
- Application must be signed by the applicant and a current email address must be provided for future RMV correspondence.
- The transportation company that you are employed by, or expect to be employed by, must complete section B – Applicant Information
- All pre-service training must be completed before submitting the application.
- A current active CDL holder must complete a total of 40 hours consisting of both behind the wheel training and classroom training to be determined by the certified School Bus Instructor.
- Non-CDL holders must complete 60 hours of instruction (28 in classroom, 32 behind the wheel).
- Proof of First Aid Certification – Completion of a basic first aid course which must include training relative to the administration of an epinephrine auto injector
- CORI must be filled out completely and notarized.
- CORI must accompany the application.
- Applicant’s medical exam must be conducted and dated within the preceding 90 days of application submission.
Current Out-of-State Applicant:
- Certified Out-of-State Driving Record effective within the preceding 90 days of application submission. Screen prints are not accepted.
- Certified Out-of-State Criminal Record Report effective within the preceding 90 days of application submission.
Fees for Apply for a school bus driver certificate
|School Bus Certificate Fee (annual)||$15||each|
|School Bus Certificate Fee (6 month)||$7.50||each|
How to apply Apply for a school bus driver certificate
The quickest and easiest way to apply for a school bus certificate is to complete your application online.
Follow the instructions here.
The RMV will contact you if we need any additional information.
Next steps for Apply for a school bus driver certificate
More info for Apply for a school bus driver certificate
For questions, email RMVSchoolBus@state.ma.us or call Vehicle Safety and Compliance Services at 857-368-7310.