Apply for a school pupil transport (7D) driver’s certificate
The Details of Apply for a school pupil transport (7D) driver’s certificate
What you need for Apply for a school pupil transport (7D) driver’s certificate
To apply for a school pupil transport (7D) certificate, you must:
- Hold a valid Class A, B, C, or D driver's license for 3 continuous years immediately before application
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Pass a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check
- Pass a SORI (Sex Offender Registry Information) check
- Complete 2-hours of Pre-Service Training through your potential employer
- Have a satisfactory driving record
- Pass an eye exam, a physical exam, and a written knowledge exam
Fees for Apply for a school pupil transport (7D) driver’s certificate
|School Pupil (7D) Exam Fee||$15||each|
|School Pupil (7D) Certificate Fee||$15||each|
|School Pupil (7D) Certificate Fee (6 month)||$7.50||each|
How to apply Apply for a school pupil transport (7D) driver’s certificate
- The quickest and easiest way to apply for a 7D certificate is to complete you application online.
- The RMV will contact you if we need any additional information.
- Complete a 7D school pupil transport application. You must complete all information required on the 7D application.
- Get a physical examination. A licensed physician must complete and certify the medical certificate. A medical evaluation is valid for 90 days only. The medical certificate must include a doctor’s signature and registration number, otherwise we will return it to you. We will not accept applications signed by a nurse practitioner. If you are 70 or over, or have diabetes, you must get an exam every 6 months.
- If you are not a Massachusetts resident or have relocated from another state, you must get a certified criminal record as well as a certified driving record from that state. These documents must be no more than 30 days old and you must submit them with your initial application. We will only accept original documents. If you live out of state, you must provide these documents from your state of residence annually.
- Mail the completed application to:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
Vehicle Safety & Compliance Services
Attn: 7D- Licensing
P.O. Box 55892
Boston, MA 02205-5892
If your 7D application is approved, you will receive a letter in the mail instructing you to visit an RMV Service Center to take the knowledge exam.