Contact for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
Board of Registration in Veterinary Medicine
The Details of Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
What you need for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
To complete an application, enter all required information and upload the following documents:
- All candidates for licensure must pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE) as administered by the International Council for Veterinary Assessment (ICVA). For further information on registering for the NAVLE, please visit www.icva.net.
Required documents to be uploaded:
- A signed and notarized Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgment form (pdf format).
- Two (2) signed and notarized Professional and Ethical Reference forms (pdf format).
- A recent color passport style photograph (jpeg format).
- A completed Board Jurisprudence Examination (pdf format).
- An official copy of your transcript issued by your veterinary school, showing degree conferral. If University must send transcript, please instruct them to email directly to the Board: VetMedBoard@mass.gov
Transcript NOT required for reciprocal licensure candidates who have been licensed for 5+ years in another state/jurisdiction.
NOTE: If not a graduate of an AVMA accredited school, you MUST complete the ECFVG or PAVE program to satisfy Board regulations on licensing**.
- If applying as a reciprocal licensure candidate, a certified verification of licensure status from all states or jurisdiction(s) in which the applicant is currently licensed and/or has previously been licensed.
- If applying as a graduate of a non-AVMA accredited school, proof of completion for either the ECFVG or PAVE programs.
- If applicable, a copy of any documents showing disciplinary action issued against the applicant’s license in another jurisdiction AND/OR certified copies of official court records showing the disposition of any convictions against the applicant, and a written explanation of the underlying incident(s) and circumstances.
Fees for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
The total fee to apply for a license is $343.00. All fees are non-refundable and are payable by credit card, debit card, or bank account. Please note that a convenience fee may be assessed for all online credit card transactions.
See below for fee breakdown.
|Application Processing Fee||$117||each|
|Jurisprudence Examination Fee||$155||each|
|Initial License Fee||$71||each|
How to apply Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
Submit an application online through the Division of Occupational Licensure’s ePLACE Portal.
Next steps for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
Once all the above documents have been collected, the candidate must have the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) transmit their NAVLE score to the Board for verification. The candidate may then complete an online application using the ePLACE portal, including payment of the prescribed fee.
Applicants that do not submit all of the required documentation listed above will NOT have their applications reviewed and processed. In addition, all documents should be uploaded in PDF format and JPEG format (for the passport photo); any other formats will NOT be accepted. Also please note that incomplete applications will be deemed abandoned after one (1) year from the date of submission if no action is taken to rectify the deficiency.
More info for Apply for a Veterinary Medicine License
For detailed information on the application process, including whether you qualify for a temporary permit, please review the related FAQs.