Log in links for this page
- This page, Authorize a third party administrator, is offered by
- Department of Unemployment Assistance
Authorize a third party administrator
Contact for Authorize a third party administrator
Department of Unemployment Assistance
The Details of Authorize a third party administrator
What you need for Authorize a third party administrator
Before you can add or change a TPA, you will need the following:
- Your user ID and password for UI Online
- TPA ID number
- TPA role assignments
Make sure your prior TPA has fulfilled all designated role assignments before adding a new TPA to your account. You can only have one TPA assigned to a certain role at a time.
How to register Authorize a third party administrator
- Log in to your UI Online account.
- Select Account maintenance.
- Select Third party administrator (TPA) authorization.
- Click Search if you have an existing TPA. Be sure to remove this TPA before adding a new one.
- Click New to add the new TPA. Enter the TPA ID and click Next.
- Enter the TPA services begin date and assign the proper roles by checking each role that applies to the TPA. Please note that you can’t enter a TPA services begin date that is prior to the current date.
- If you don’t have a definitive TPA services end date, leave the field blank.
- Click Save to complete the authorization.
- Click Previous to view confirmation that your TPA has been added.
Next steps for Authorize a third party administrator
Manage your TPA authorization
When your current TPA authorization ends, it is up to you to update your TPA access. Make sure to assign appropriate roles to your TPA during the authorization process.
More info for Authorize a third party administrator
Keep your UI Online user ID and password in a secure location for future use. It is your responsibility to authorize a new TPA once your current TPA’s services end.
It is important to note that although multiple TPAs can be authorized, no role can be assigned to more than one TPA at a time. Any role(s) not assigned to a TPA must be performed by the employer.