Log in links for this page
- This page, Submit employment and wage detail report, is offered by
- Department of Unemployment Assistance
Submit employment and wage detail report
Contact for Submit employment and wage detail report
Department of Unemployment Assistance
The Details of Submit employment and wage detail report
What you need for Submit employment and wage detail report
You will need the user ID and password you use to log in to UI Online. You will also need payroll information in order to submit a quarterly employment and wage detail report.
Fees for Submit employment and wage detail report
To avoid interest and penalties, we encourage you to do the following by the quarter due dates below:
- File the employment and wage detail report
- Pay contributions in full
Late filings may incur a penalty and/or interest charges, as detailed in MGL 151A, Section 14P.
|Quarter 1||3 p.m. on April 30|
|Quarter 2||3 p.m. on July 31|
|Quarter 3||3 p.m. on Oct. 31|
|Quarter 4||3 p.m. on Jan. 31|
How to report Submit employment and wage detail report
- Log in to your UI Online account:
- Click Employment and wage detail reporting.
- Click Submit employment and wage detail to create a new report.
- Select the quarter and year you wish to submit a report for. Choose the filing method:
- Manual entry
- File upload
- No employment/wage submission
- Copy from previous quarter
- Proceed with the file upload process by following the onscreen prompts.
- Review the Quarterly Calculations page, showing the quarterly contributions due. If you need to correct any information, click Previous. When you are ready to submit the wage detail report, click Submit.
- When the report has been successfully submitted, the Employment and Wage Detail Report Submission Confirmation page appears.
- Click Make payment and select a payment amount and payment method.
More info for Submit employment and wage detail report
Files with 300 records or more are usually processed overnight during off-peak hours. You will receive a message to check back the following day in “view submission history” for results.
No employment/wage submission
This option can be used if you have no employees and no wages to report for a quarter. This method should not be used if you had employees who did not earn any wages during the quarter.
TPA reporting wages
For instructions on how to report wages as a TPA, please refer to the TPA user guide for employment wage detail reporting.