DUA oversees the unemployment insurance (UI) program, which provides temporary income assistance to eligible workers in Massachusetts. DUA also determines and collects employer contributions to the UI program. To report fraud or get help with your claim, call Unemployment Customer Assistance at (877) 626-6800.
Unemployment benefits fraud
As part of a nationwide unemployment benefits fraud scheme, criminal enterprises are using stolen personal information to try to fraudulently file unemployment claims.
- If you received a Form 1099-G and did not receive unemployment benefits from UI Online or PUA during the past year, please complete our secure fraud reporting form.
- By completing this form, your request will be assigned to a designated team for review.
If you believe someone is using your identity to falsely claim unemployment benefits, learn how to report the fraud and what to do to protect yourself.
Department of Unemployment Assistance
Open 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. Multilingual call agents are available.
To request weekly benefits, daily 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
Who we serve
The Department of Unemployment Assistance serves Massachusetts residents who are unemployed and looking for work, and employers that are legally required to contribute to the state’s unemployment insurance (UI) program.
DUA determines and collects employer contributions to the UI program and also processes claims for UI benefits.
For more information, you can download A Guide to Benefits and Employment Services.
What would you like to do?
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) for Workers
- Information about the Benefit Accuracy Measure (BAM) Program
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) for Employers
- WorkShare for Workers
- Training Opportunities Program (TOP)
- DUA Multilingual Services
- WorkShare for Employers
- Updated information for claimants concerning changes to the redetermination process
- Work Search Activity Log