Victim Service Unit
What you need
If you or your child is the victim of a sex crime, you are eligible to enroll in our Victim Inclusion services. If you enroll for services, you will receive:
- Notification as the offender goes through the classification process
- Help with understanding the offender's registration obligations
- Information about the hearing process
- Assistance with writing victim impact statements
- Support to plan for your safety
- Crisis intervention resources
- Referrals for community resources
- Referrals for state criminal justice resources
How to apply
To apply for our services by mail:
- Print and fill out the Victim Participation and Notification form
- Mail your completed form to:
Director of Victim Services
Sex Offender Registry Board, Box 4547
Salem, MA 01970
A victim advocate or our Victim Services can assist you in completing your form.
You can work in person with our Victim Service Unit or a victim advocate to complete and submit the Victim Participation and Notification form to enroll.
Open M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m.