Find required training for licensure and certification

If you want to be certified or licensed to work in an early education and care program, you need to take required trainings. Find which ones are required for you and where to take them.

Department of Early Education and Care

The Details

What you need

All early education and care providers and educators need to take:

*A mandated reporter who is professionally licensed by the Commonwealth must complete training to recognize and report suspected child abuse or neglect.  See M.G.L. Ch.119, Sec. 51A (k).

How to find

Call your licensor to find out if you need to complete any other training to get your license or certification.


51 Sleeper St., 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
Main Office (617) 988-6600
(617) 988-2451


Tell us what you think