Register for adoptive or foster parent training
Contact for Register for adoptive or foster parent training
DCF Foster Care/Adoptive Recruitment
The Details of Register for adoptive or foster parent training
What you need for Register for adoptive or foster parent training
MAPP training is broken down into 3-hour classes occurring once or twice a week for several weeks, for a total of 30 hours of training. Some 6 hour sessions are held on weekends.
Topics discussed in the MAPP program include:
- Positive discipline
- Child guidance
- Building self-esteem
How to register Register for adoptive or foster parent training
Contact your DCF social worker about the training session you’re interested in joining. See the office listing for contact numbers.
More info for Register for adoptive or foster parent training
- Once you’ve applied with the Department of Children and Families (DCF), your social worker will register you for a training session near you.
- You can Check the MAPP training schedule and make sure that the session matches the type of care you’re interested in. There are some sessions that are only for potential foster parents, and others just for families interested in adoption.
- If you don’t find a session that’s right when you check the schedule, make sure to check back in a few weeks. The sessions are updated regularly. You can also contact your DCF social worker for help.
After you’ve taken your MAPP training, a social worker from MAPP will:
- Visit your home a few times to get to know you and your family.
- Check your personal references.
- Write a license study that describes your family and any characteristics that might make a child an especially good fit for your home, including personality, background, and emotional or physical needs.