Log in links for this page
Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Contact for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Board of Cosmetology and Barbering Services Administration
The Details of Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
What you need for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
To renew your license online, you will need your Record ID and Authorization codes, which are on your renewal form.
To request your Record ID and Authorization codes, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- License Number
- Type of License
- Mailing Address
If you need a renewal form to renew by mail, please complete our renewal request form: https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/02/09/Renewal%20Request%20Form.pdf.
Mail the completed renewal request form to:
Board of Cosmetology & Barbering
1000 Washington Street, Suite 710
Boston, MA 02118
How to apply Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
If you have your license renewal, you may complete the following steps to renew online:
- Visit the ePLACE Portal to register for an account. Detailed instructions on how to create a portal account can be found here .
- After you have registered for an account, please login with the username and password that you created.
- After logging in with the username that you created when you registered, go to the “Manage My Licenses and Permits” tab, and complete the following steps:
- Select the “File an Online Application” link;
- Select the “Link Your Account Portal” link under the search box;
- Select the “Link your Online Account to an Existing Record” link; and
- Select the proper agency, Division of Professional Licensure (DPL), and when prompted enter your Record ID/license number and the Authorization Code provided on your license renewal form.
- Link your account using your Record ID/license number (Example: 1234-PL-M1) and the Authorization Code (Example: 1234567899) found on your license renewal form.
Note: Your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code can be found on page one (1) of the license renewal form provided to you. If you are unable to locate your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code, please contact that Board that issues your license by calling 617-727-3074.
- Once you have successfully linked your account, go back to the “Manage my Licenses and Permits” page and you should now see your license listed and the option to renew. Be advised the option to renew will only be present if your license is currently eligible for renewal.
Next steps for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Licensees may only renew their license ONCE per license cycle, either via postal mail OR online. Please DO NOT renew online and by mail. Doing so will interfere with the processing of your renewal application and delay approval and receipt of your renewed license.