- This page, Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License, is offered by
- Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering
- Division of Occupational Licensure
Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Contact for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Board of Cosmetology and Barbering Services Administration
The Details of Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
What you need for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
To renew your license online, you will need your Record ID and Authorization codes, which are on your renewal form.
You can also obtain your Authorization Code here.
For a step-by-step guide on setting up your online account and renewing your license online, please see these instructions.
- Renewal notices are sent by mail to the address of record 60-days prior to license expiration. The mailed renewal notice includes a hard-copy renewal application, which can be completed and returned to the board, and also information that will facilitate an online renewal application.
- If your license has lapsed (the expiration date is more than three years ago), see this page to submit an application to reinstate your license.
- If your license is expired for over 2 years but less than 3 years, please contact the Board for a reinstatement form.
- If your shop has moved to a new address, you must submit a new application. Do not renew your existing license.
Fees for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Fees for Commonly-Held Licenses
|Cosmetology Salon, Manicuring Shop, Aesthetic Shop||$82|
How to apply Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
If you do not wish to renew your license online, you may still renew your license by completing and mailing the license renewal application form sent to your address of record.
Mail your completed application along with the non-refundable processing fee to the address below:
Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering
Division of Occupational Licensure
1000 Washington Street, Suite 710
Boston, MA 02118
Ensure that your application has your correct social security number and mailing address.
More info for Renew Your Cosmetology or Barbering License
Licensees may only renew their license ONCE per license cycle, either via postal mail OR online. Please DO NOT renew online and by mail. Doing so will interfere with the processing of your renewal application and delay approval and receipt of your renewed license.