- This page, Report your deer harvest, is offered by
- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
Report your deer harvest
Contact for Report your deer harvest
The Details of Report your deer harvest
What you need for Report your deer harvest
- Tagging: Upon harvesting a white-tailed deer, you must immediately fill out and attach the paper tag from your permit to the carcass. Your deer must remain intact (other than field dressing), with the harvest tag attached until it is reported and prepared for food or taxidermy purposes. When you report your harvest online you will have to write the confirmation number on the harvest tag and re-attache it to the carcass.
- Transporting: When transporting the deer, some portion of the carcass must remain visible until it has been reported. The harvest tag with confirmation number must remain attached to the carcass until prepared for food or taxidermy purposes. All deer harvested in zones 13 and 14 (Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and the Elizabeth Islands) must be reported before leaving the islands.
- Reporting online and in person: You must bring all deer harvested during the 1st week of shotgun deer season to an official check station for biological data collection. Deer harvested during the 2nd week of shotgun season and during all other deer hunting seasons may be reported online through MassFishHunt.
How to report Report your deer harvest
The MassFishHunt system was upgraded on December 1, 2021. Your license, permit, and harvest reporting information will transfer seamlessly to the new system.
Follow the directions below to report a deer, bear, or turkey harvest without logging into the new system.
1. Go to MassFishHunt.mass.gov.
2. Select Report a Harvest from the top menu.
If you’re using a mobile device, click the 3 bars in the upper left of your screen to see the menu.
3. Enter your customer ID and date of birth, then click Search.
4. Your available tags will now be visible. Click the drop-down arrow next to the tag you are reporting on. Then click Report a harvest.
5. You will have to answer a series of questions. To answer some of the questions, you will need to examine the animal. When finished, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
6. A message containing your confirmation number will appear after you submit your report.
IMPORTANT: You must write this number on the harvest tag (which should still be attached to the harvested animal), where it shall remain until the animal is processed for food or taxidermy.
Note: To get full use of the new MassFishHunt and purchase licenses online, you will need to claim your account and add an email and password. Learn how to log into the new MassFishhunt for the first time.
You can report your harvest at a physical check station.
If you harvest a deer during the 1st week of shotgun season, you must report your deer at a physical check station.
More info for Report your deer harvest
Once you submit your report, you can't edit any information. If you made an error, contact MassWildlife during business hours at (508) 389-6300. Business hours are from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday. Outside of these hours you will need to contact the Environmental Police at (800) 632-8075.