More about:

Request and correct your Criminal Offender Record Information

Are you a TNC (transportation network company) driver or driver applicant determined to be unsuitable based on your Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)? This page contains instructions for requesting and correcting your CORI.

Department of Public Utilities Transportation Network Company Division


Open M-F 9am-5pm

The Details

What you need

Please note:

  • Do not request your CORI if your application was denied based on information other than CORI.
  • Improper access to CORI is a violation of the Massachusetts Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS) regulations 803 CMR sections 2.06 and 2.26.
  • Improper access to CORI may be subject to fines and/or criminal investigation by state or federal law enforcement agencies.

How to request

To access your CORI and/or Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) Records, please follow these instructions:

  • First, there is a link (Access My CORI and/or RMV Records) in your original denial email that will prompt you to a secure screen where you must enter:
    1. Your email address
    2. Your date of birth
    3. The last four digits of your social security number
    4. A security code
  • After you submit these 4 pieces of information, you will receive a email with a security code needed to download your CORI and/or RMV Records.

Next steps

  1. Review your CORI

    • Upon receipt, review your CORI.
    • If you need help in interpreting the entries or dispositions, please contact the DCJIS Constituent Assistance and Research Unit at (617) 660-4640 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday or by email.
    • DCJIS does not offer “walk-in” service, but you may call their Legal Division at (617) 660-4760 for help.
    • You may also call the Court Activity Record Information (CARI) Unit of the Office of the Commissioner of Probation at (617) 727-5300.
  2. Correct your CORI

    • If you have a closed case listed as open on your CORI, you should request an update to the case. Contact the Office of the Commissioner of Probation Department at the court that charged you for an update.
    • If a disposition is incorrect, you should report that the court entered an incorrect disposition on your criminal record. Report the error to the Chief Probation Officer of the court that charged you or the CARI Unit at the Office of the Commissioner of Probation at (617) 727-5300.
    • Someone may steal or misuse your identity and a court may charge them with a crime under your name. If this occurs, contact the Chief Probation Officer at the court or the CARI Unit at the Office of the Commissioner of Probation at (617) 727-5300, for help.
    • Some situations of identity theft require a fingerprint analysis. Contact the DCJIS Constituent Assistance and Research Unit at (617) 660-4640 to arrange the analysis.
    • If there is a warrant currently outstanding against you due to identity theft, you must appear at the court and ask the court to recall the warrant. You cannot request the recall by telephone.



Department of Public Utilities, 1 South Station, 5th floor, Boston, MA 02110


Open M-F 9am-5pm


Tell us what you think