Contact for Update Your Disabled Veteran Status
Civil Service Unit
The Details of Update Your Disabled Veteran Status
What you need for Update Your Disabled Veteran Status
- Check the Definition of a Veteran to ensure that you meet the definition of Massachusetts veteran.
- Please have the following documents ready.
- Documentation verifying that you are a qualified Massachusetts veteran, a DD214 except a Member 1.
- Written confirmation from the US Veterans Administration of a continuing service-connected disability rated not less than 10% based on wartime service (See Civil Service Law Section 1)
How to update Update Your Disabled Veteran Status
- Click on the Update Civil Service Account application.
- Click on Apply at the upper-right corner of the page.
- Please sign in to apply. If you are logging in for the first time, you have to create an account.
- Answer the appropriate questions and upload all the required documents.
- Click Submit.
Next steps for Update Your Disabled Veteran Status
Please provide official documentation of honorable discharge to the hiring department and the Civil Service Unit at the time of appointment.
During the Civil Service Unit review process and during the life of the applicable eligible list(s), applicants must make original supporting documentation available should any authenticity issues arise.
More info about Update Your Disabled Veteran Status
For candidates who opted to be included on the STATE POLICE list, if you are submitting a new claim for Disabled Veteran Status or have address change inquiries, please be sure to also contact the Human Resources for the Massachusetts State Police. Here is the contact information;
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax number: (508) 820-2211, Attn: MSP List
- Mailing address: Department of State Police, Attn: HR – MSP List,
470 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA 01702