Contact for Update Your Veteran Status
Civil Service Unit
The Details of Update Your Veteran Status
What you need for Update Your Veteran Status
- Check the Definition of a Veteran to ensure that you meet the definition of Massachusetts veteran.
- Please be sure to submit documentation for your most RECENT period of service:
- If you have completed your military service, please attach a copy of your DD214 (any Member except Member 1) OR State Director of Veterans' Affairs 6 Form (Release From Active Duty) to your Civil Service application.
- If you are still in military service, you must submit a verification letter for HRD review.
- from your commanding officer,
- on official letterhead with appropriate signature,
- with details of your military service to date including
- the dates of full-time active duty,
- current assignment, and
- date of entrance into service
- estimated time of separation
- and a statement confirming that you will receive a DD214 not for Training at the completion of your current Active Duty service.
- You can update your veteran status by filling out your Civil Service Account Application
- after the exam
- while your name is appears on the Civil Service Eligible list
How to update Update Your Veteran Status
- Click on the Update Civil Service Account
- Click on Apply in the upper right corner
- If you are not logged in. Please sign in to apply. If you are logging in for the first time, you have to create an account.
- Answer the appropriate questions and upload all the required documents.
- Click Submit
Next steps for Update Your Veteran Status
Please provide official documentation of honorable discharge to the hiring department and the Civil Service Unit at the time of appointment.
During the Civil Service Unit review process and during the life of the applicable eligible list(s), applicants must make original supporting documentation available should any issues with authenticity arise.
More info for Update Your Veteran Status
For candidates who opted to be included on the STATE POLICE list, if you are submitting a new claim for Veteran Status or have address change inquiries, please be sure to also contact Human Resources for Massachusetts State Police.
Here is the contact information:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Fax number: (508) 820-2211, Attn: MSP List
- Mailing address: Department of State Police, Attn: HR – MSP List,
470 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA 01702