WM 02: Water Management Permit Amendments

Use this form to request changes to your existing Water Management Act Permit, except for increase in permit volume. To request an increase in permit volume, use form WM 03.

Water Management Act Program Contacts

The Details

What you need

This form covers:

  • decreasing authorized permit volumes
  • changing the location of withdrawal point(s)
  • adding withdrawal point(s)
  • changing water use
  • changing permit conditions
  • changing location of discharge point(s).

Note: Requests for increases in permit volumes require the filing of WM 03: Permit Application Form.

How to apply

See details in Step 5, below.

Next steps

  1. Review the Instructions

  2. Complete the Application Form

    You may fill out and save the Microsoft Word form on your computer. The PDF version has to be printed out and completed by hand.

  3. Obtain a Transmittal Form and Number

    A unique Transmittal Number is needed for each application you submit to MassDEP.

  4. Look up the Permit Application Fee

    See page 8 of the fee schedule below.

  5. Mail your Application and Fee Payment

    Submit your application fee payment and a copy of your transmittal form to:

    Department of Environmental Protection
    PO Box 4062
    Boston, MA 02211

    Submit your completed application and original transmittal form to the Water Management Act Program in the appropriate MassDEP Regional Office (see listing below).



Tell us what you think