WP 11, 12: Groundwater Discharge Permit Renewals

This permit renews or modifies an existing non-industrial groundwater discharge approval. This permit also covers renewing or modifying a reclaimed-water system.

314 CMR 5.00 Contact Information

The Details

What you need

This permit is required for a renewal or modification for an existing non-industrial groundwater discharge regulated by MassDEP under an individual groundwater discharge permit (314 CMR 5.00); or for the renewal or modification of an existing reclaimed water system regulated by MassDEP under an individual reclaimed water permit (314 CMR 20.00). This serves to protect the public health, welfare and the environment through the control of pollutant discharges to the ground.

A permit modification or renewal with plan approval (BRP WP 11) consists of an engineering design approval and/or approval of any financial obligation changes. A permit modification or renewal without plan approval (BRP WP 12) consists of minor modifications to the existing permit conditions necessary to bring the groundwater discharge into compliance with current regulatory requirements.

How to apply

See details in Step 5 below. 

Next steps

  1. Review the Instructions

    Guidance on how to prepare your application, including a completeness checklist.

  2. Complete the Application Form

    You may fill out and save the Microsoft Word form on your computer. The PDF version has to be printed out and completed by hand.

  3. Obtain a Transmittal Form and Number

    A unique Transmittal Number is needed for each application you submit to MassDEP. 

  4. Look up the Permit Application Fee

    See under "WP11" or "WP12" in the file below. 

  5. Mail your Application and Fee Payment

    Submit your application fee payment and a copy of your Transmittal Form to: 

    Department of Environmental Protection
    PO Box 4062
    Boston, MA 02211

    Submit your completed, signed application and Transmittal Form to the Wastewater Management Program at the appropriate MassDEP Regional Office (see list below).



Tell us what you think