Application Period Begins: November 23, 2021
Application Deadline: January 18, 2022*
Notices to Appear for Written Exam: March 2, 2022
Written Examination Beginning Date: March 16, 2022
Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Submit: March 23, 2022
Score Release Date: May 24, 2022
Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: June 10, 2022
Eligible List Established Date: July 1, 2022
*There is an additional $50 late fee for applications received after this date. Applications will not be accepted after February 1, 2022.
Examination Processing Fee for Municipal Police and MBTA Transit Police: $100
Written examination location: Various sites across the Commonwealth
Eligibility: Entry-level, open to public
- Read texts on the preparation guide.
- Registration for the Municipal Police Officer and MBTA Transit Police Officer has been closed
- Notice to Appear for Examination: March 2, 2022
Approximately two weeks before your scheduled written examination date you will receive a notice to appear by email. The notice will be sent out and tell you the location and the time to appear for your examination. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the email before contacting this office.
- Written Examination Beginning Date: March 16, 2022
- Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Submit: March 23, 2022
- Score Release Date: May 24, 2022
Your examination results will be emailed.
- Last day to appeal E/E Credit: June 10, 2022
- Eligible List Established Date: July 1, 2022
You can view your name and rank on the Eligible List.
How to Apply for the 2022 Exam
Registration for the Municipal Police Officer and MBTA Transit Police Officer exam has been closed.
- Find the application for 2022 Municipal Police Officer and MBTA Transit Police Officer exams.
- Read about the Municipal Police Officer and MBTA Transit Police Officer exam and find out if you’re eligible to take the exam.
- Click Apply in the top right corner of the exam poster and follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, you’ll see a Click to Pay button. Click the button to pay for your exam. Be sure to pay for the correct exam.
- You’ll receive two confirmation emails when you’ve completed the process:
♦ an email confirming that your application has been received
♦ an email confirming that your payment has been received
Your application is not complete until you have received both confirmation emails. Once you receive the successful payment confirmation email, you may ignore the option to Submit Payment which may still be displayed in your account.
2022 Police Officer Exam Information Sessions
|Cambridge Police||Monday, December 13, 2021||7 p.m. - 9 p.m.||virtual information session|
|Barnstable Police||Thursday, January 6, 2022||6 PM - 8 PM||BARNSTABLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
|Lowell Department||Monday, January 10, 2022||5 PM - 7 PM||via Zoom|
|Pittsfield Department||Tuesday, January 11, 2022||11 AM - 12 PM||via Zoom|
|Pittsfield Department||Tuesday, January 11, 2022||5 PM - 6 PM||via Zoom|
|Worcester Department||Wednesday, January 12, 2022||6 PM - 8 PM||via WebEx|
|Brookline Department||Saturday, January 15, 2022||10 AM-12:30 PM||Brookline Police Headquarters ,
350 Washington Street ,
Brookline, MA 02445
|Thursday January 27, 2022||3pm - 5 pm||via Zoom|