Are my retirement benefits subject to assignment?
No assignment of any right to an annuity, pension, or retirement allowance will be valid except:
- assignments made pursuant to certain support orders (as discussed above),
- assignments made to provide restitution in instances of dereliction of duty,
- assignments made by a member for the purpose of payment of a health or life insurance premium, for a policy related to work and in effect on the member's retirement,
- repayments of benefits paid by the Commonwealth for those individuals who have become public charges,
- notice of levy issued by the Internal Revenue Service for the purposes of collecting unpaid federal tax.
|Date published:||July 1, 2015|