Facilities and resources for Section 35 treatment

Find a list of treatment facilities for Section 35 commitments as well as self-help resources for family and friends.

Table of Contents

Treatment facilities for men

Massachusetts Alcohol and Substance Abuse Center (MASAC) (operated by Department of Correction)
1 Bumps Pond Road, Plymouth, MA 02360, (508) 291-2441

Men’s Addiction Treatment Center (MATC) (operated by Department of Public Health)
10 30 Meadowbrook Road, Brockton, MA 02301, (508) 742-4400

Recovery from Addiction Program (RAP) (operated by Department of Mental Health)
60 Hodges Avenue, Taunton, MA 02780 (508) 977-3000

Stonybrook Stabilization and Treatment Center at Ludlow (SSTC at Ludlow) (operated by Department of Correction)
325 Alabama Street, Ludlow, MA 01056, (413) 547-8000

Treatment facilities for women

The First Step Program, MCI Framingham (operated by Department of Correction)
99 Loring Drive, Framingham, MA 01702, (508) 532-5100

New View (operated by Behavioral Health Network)
298 Federal Street, Greenfield, MA 01301, (413) 733-1423

Recovery Centers of America at Danvers (operated by Recovery Centers of America)
75 Lindall Street, Danvers, MA 01923 (978) 767-2847

Women’s Addiction Treatment Center (WATC) (operated by High Point Treatment Center)
108 North Front Street, New Bedford, MA 02740, (774) 628-1000

Women’s Recovery from Addiction Program (WRAP) (operated by Department of Mental Health)
60 Hodges Avenue, Taunton, MA 02780, (508) 828-3800

Treatment facilities for adolescents

Motivating Youth Recovery (MYR) (operated by Community Health Link)12 Queen Street, Worcester, MA 01610, (508) 860-1244

Self-help resources

There are many programs that can help family and friends learn more about addiction, the process of recovery, and how best to intervene. It's helpful for families, friends, and significant others to learn about addiction and understand the process of recovery. Many of the people who are committed go home to their family to continue their treatment. Being aware of your role in supporting recovery will increase the chance of their success. Self-help organizations can be useful resources for families and friends.

Bureau of Substance Abuse Services Helpline 

To find substance abuse programs, hotlines, support groups, self-help meetings, counseling services, and community resources
1(800) 327-5050 
Hours are:

  • Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. 
  • Weekends and holidays: 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.

Alcoholics Anonymous
AA is a fellowship of people who have had a drinking problem.
(617) 426-9444

Al-Anon / Al-Ateen
Strength and hope for friends and families of problem drinkers
(508) 366-0556

A 12-step program for families and friends of addicts
(866) 624-3578 or 1(800) 477-6291

Allies in Recovery
AIR is an online learning platform for families with a loved one struggling with drugs or alcohol.

Learn to Cope
Learn to Cope is a peer-led support network for families dealing with addiction and recovery.
(508) 738-5148 or (508) 801-3247

Contact   for Facilities and resources for Section 35 treatment

Last updated: March 16, 2023

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.