Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Governor's Executive Order 526, section 4 in the implementation of its programs.
This notice is also available below in Spanish, Haitian-Creole, Portuguese, Khmner, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Avi MassDEP sou Nondiskriminasyon
Aviso de não discriminação do MassDEP
Title VI Grievance Plan
The objectives of the MassDEP Civil Rights and Non-Discrimination Plan are:
- To outline MassDEP's goals and principles in the areas of civil rights and non-discrimination, and to provide clear procedures for filing, investigating, and resolving civil rights and non-discrimination complaints in a prompt and fair manner.
- To ensure MassDEP's compliance with Civil Rights and Non-Discrimination laws (including compliance by MassDEP's funding recipients, sub-recipients, contractors, and related entities) and to assign responsibilities for ensuring compliance.
- To ensure that all persons are able to receive the benefits of MassDEP programs, services and activities consistent with the notions of fair treatment, equal protection, self-determination, and the just distribution of the benefits and burdens of decisions and actions.
- To ensure that all persons, including limited English proficiency (LEP) individuals, and individuals with disabilities, are provided meaningful access to MassDEP programs, services and activities.
- To avoid, minimize or mitigate disproportionate adverse environmental effects.
Anyone who believes that they or any specific class of persons has been subjected to discrimination, or intimidated or retaliated against, by MassDEP in violation of Title VI, or other federal nondiscrimination laws and regulation, or a state non-discrimination law.