These datalayers represent the municipal boundaries of the five states that border Massachusetts, plus those of Maine. The following list describes the original source and scale of the data and how MassGIS obtained them:
- Connecticut: USGS 1:24,000 Topographic Quad maps, obtained from CT Dept. of Environmental Protection Natural Resources Center.
- Maine: USGS 1:62,500 Quad series, obtained from ME Dept. of Conservation in 1990. See the Maine Office of GIS for current resources.
- New Hampshire: 1:250,000 statewide manuscript, obtained from NH Granit (NH state GIS program) in 1990.
- New York: NY State Office of Real Property Services, obtained from NH Granit office.
- Rhode Island: USGS 1:24,000 Topographic Quad maps, obtained from RIGIS (Rhode Island GIS) in 1989.
- Vermont: USGS 1:250,000 maps, obtained from Vermont Office of GIS
All six states' data were projected to the Massachusetts State Plane Mainland coordinate system, NAD83 datum, units meters, for use with all other MassGIS data. Please note that the layers vary in quality and are distributed for use only in regional mapping.
Each layer has a polygon attribute table and/or an arc attribute table. The items for each are as follows:
As stated above, MassGIS distributes these layers for use in regional mapping and does not maintain or update them. For web links to each state's GIS program, please see the Contacts page.
|Last updated:||January 1, 1998|