• This page, MassHealth Disability Accommodation Ombudsman, is offered by
  • MassHealth

MassHealth Disability Accommodation Ombudsman

Our Disability Accommodation Ombudsman can help you communicate to get the information you need about your MassHealth coverage.

Table of Contents

The Ombudsman can help you communicate. They can tell you about help available if you have a disability that affects your ability to communicate (such as if you are blind, deaf, hard of hearing, or have low vision, a speech disability, or a mobility/dexterity disability). The Ombudsman can also help you with other disability related issues. If you have an urgent medical need, please tell us when you leave a message.

You can contact the Ombudsman 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at (617) 847-3468, TDD/TTY: 711 or (617) 847-3788. You can also email ADAAccommodations@mass.gov.

If you prefer to use ASL (American Sign Language), please use the Video Relay Service (VRS) provider of your choice.

Our staff are trained to use TRS (Telecommunications Relay Services) and VRS.

If you have an appointment with MassHealth staff and need a sign language interpreter or Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) service, we will schedule this for you.


Available Help for Written Communications to Members

Members with disabilities can get written MassHealth communications in accessible alternative formats. These include notices, publications, and other written benefits information. These formats are available:

  • Braille
  • Large print
  • Electronic format (screen-reader compatible documents sent via email)
  • Audio format (notice read via phone call).

If you have a disability and need written materials in one of these formats, call us at (617) 847-3468, TDD/TTY: 711 or (617) 847-3788. You can also email ADAAccommodations@mass.gov. Please tell us your name, the nature of your disability, and the format you are need.

Tracking Disability and Accommodation Data

In order to better serve you, MassHealth collects information about needed accommodations. Please contact the Ombudsman if you have questions.

Related Links

Help Us Improve Mass.gov with your feedback