Printing the data collection tool
All data collection forms can be printed by clicking on the "Print Blank CRFs" link at the top of the data entry screen.
Please note: To print and view the forms from the website, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer. This free software program can be downloaded on their website.
Entering a new patient
- To enter a new patient, click the "Enter New Patient" link at the top of the screen
- The "Acute Stroke Care Form" will appear
- Next, enter the patient's information on the form by clicking the appropriate answers with your mouse
- Click "Save Record" to submit the form when you are done entering the relevant information. Click "Exit Form Without Saving" at the top of the form if you would like to clear the information and begin again
- The system will return to the patient grid (the main Data Entry page) and allow you to enter data for a new patient
Updating saved data for previously saved patients
- If a form has been previously entered, the form will be in bold text with a dark gray background on the grid. Forms that are not yet completed will have a lighter colored background and italic text. To enter or edit the form for an existing patient, click the appropriate link on the data entry grid. A new screen will appear for data entry.
- Click or type the appropriate answers
- Click "Update" at the bottom of the screen to submit the form
- If you enter more than one acute stroke care form for a specific patient (due to multiple hospital visits), all of the patient's forms will be "stacked" within the patient grid and may be easily accessed at any time
Reporting on your data
Reporting on your data:
- Click the orange "Review Data" tab at the top of the screen
- With the Primary Stroke Service Licensure Registry, you have access to real-time reporting capabilities, with several acute stroke care data analysis measures and benchmarking capabilities to compare your hospital's data to the aggregate data of the other hospitals participating in the registry.
- For assistance running, interpreting, and printing or saving your reports, please call the Help Desk at (888) 526-6700.
Frequently Asked Questions
When I type in my User Name and Password and click "Enter", the system remains at the Login screen. What should I do?
- Make sure that you are entering your User Name and Password in lower case text. If you are still having difficulty, contact Outcome Sciences at (888) 526-6700 for further assistance.
Where does the Patient ID number come from?
- The Patient ID number is the number used in your office to identify the patient. If your office uses patients' social security numbers or other identifiers to identify patients, then an alternative numbering system should be used to maintain patient confidentiality. Many hospitals choose to use a modified medical record number (either scrambled or with additional digits/letters added). Other hospitals choose to enter patients sequentially (i.e., 1, 2, 3, etc.) into the tool and keep a separate log at their facility to link these patient IDs to internal tracking numbers. Please use whatever de-identified system works best for your facility.
Can more than one person submit data through the Stroke Patient Management Tool?
- Yes. The physician or any staff member can submit data. All that is required is the User Name and Password. However, we ask that one clinical coordinator be designated as the contact person at each site.