Probate and Family Court Petition for Correction of Birth Record (CJD 118)

Use to ask Court to correct a Birth Certificate, when the City/Town Clerk refuses to do so.

Table of Contents



Additional forms that may be needed

A certified copy of a judgment or order entered by out of state court establishing the paternity of the child must be filed with this petition.

Alternative form

Most users should use Petition for Correction of Birth Record (CJD 118).

If you need to save a partially filled-out form, you may choose to use the alternative form:

This version of the form allows you to save a partially filled-out form to finish later or for re-use. This form must be downloaded and opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.

For instructions on how to open, see What to do if you can't open court PDFs.

For more information or assistance

For assistance, please email

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.