Corrugated Plastic Pipes shall consist of the following:
- Corrugated polyethylene or polypropylene tubing
- Flare ends
Corrugated Plastic Pipe shall meet the requirements of Subsection M5.03.10.
Materials, dimensions, physical properties and fabrication shall be in accordance with AASHTO M 294, Type S or D or AASHTO M 330 Type S or D.
Perforated pipe shall meet Type SP, DP or CP.
Submittal and Testing Requirements
AASHTO Product Evaluation & Audit Solutions Testing Requirements:
- The following criteria must be met as part of the product submission.
- Corrugated Metal Pipe Manufacturers shall be audited annually by the AASHTO Product Evaluation & Audit Solutions audit program (formerly known as NTPEP).
- AASHTO Product Evaluation & Audit Solutions shall find that the facility is in compliance with the Thermoplastic Pipe Work Plan.
Product Listing, Expiration, and Re-Approval
Once approved, the Corrugated Plastic Pipe Manufacturer will be listed on the MassDOT QCML. The Manufacturer's facility shall remain on the approved list unless one of the following occurs:
- If the Corrugated Plastic Pipe Manufacturer is not audited by AASHTO Product Evaluation & Audit Solutions on the most recent audit cycle in accordance with the Corrugated Plastic Pipe Work Plan.
- If the Manufacturer no longer meets the minimum requirements of the AASHTO Product Evaluation & Audit Solutions Thermoplastic Pipe Work Plan.
- MassDOT RMS determines that the Manufacturer or their products no longer meet the minimum requirements of the Standard Specifications.