Assisted Living Financial Disclosure Statement
A Sponsor must file annually, within 90 days following the end of an Assisted Living Residence's fiscal year, an Assisted Living Financial Disclosure Statement Form. This is a statement by the Sponsor based on reviewed or audited financial statements prepared by a certified public accountant.
Annual Aggregate Information Report
Each Residence must file annually, a report of aggregate information (previous reports) regarding Residents which is based, where applicable, on the most recent Resident assessments and service plans. The reporting period is January 1st through December 31st , and the report must be submitted to EOEA no later than March 1st of the next year. Failure to timely submit each annual report will result in a finding of non-compliance at the next Certification review. The report must indicate:
- As of December 31 :
- The number of current Residents, their ages, and self-identified gender
- The percentage of all current Residents with a medical diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease or related dementia;
- The number of Special Care Residents
- Percentage of residents currently receiving SAMM, LMA or both SAMM and LMA
- The average and numerical range of ADLs with which current Residents receive assistance
- For any Residence that participates in the MassHealth Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) program, the percentage of Residents enrolled in GAFC, in the SSI-G living arrangement, or receiving a Section 8 housing subsidy
- For the entire reporting period:
- The average Resident census for the reporting period and the total Resident census for each month of the reporting period
- The total number of Resident tenancies concluded during the reporting period, categorized by the reason for termination (e.g., anticipated and Unanticipated Death, greater care needs, moved to another Residence)
- The average length of stay for all Resident tenancies concluded during the reporting period
Changes to the Residence, its Units, or its operating plan
All information required by the Application for Certification or otherwise required by the Secretary must be kept current by each Applicant or Sponsor. The Sponsor must notify the Secretary in writing at least 30 days prior to any Alteration of the Residence, its Units, or its operating plan.
Changes in ownership
If you intend to acquire at least 25% interest in an existing ALR, you must submit an Application for Certification to the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) at least 30 days prior to the transfer of ownership interest.
The application must include a statement on a form developed by EOEA that is signed and notarized by the parties regarding the anticipated transfer of ownership of the Residence.
Learn how to notify EOEA of changes in ownership.
Changes in Executive Director staff
Within 5 business days after an Assisted Living Residence Manager leaves his or her position, the Residence must forward the contact information for any interim or new Residence Manager to EOEA, including telephone number(s) and email address.
The Sponsor must forward to EOEA a copy of any report or citation of a violation of applicable provisions of the State Sanitary Code, State Building Code, fire safety regulations or other regulations affecting the health, safety, or welfare of Residents within 7 days of receipt of notice of such violation.
Incident reports must be filed within 24 after the occurrence of the incident or accident online.
Incident reports must be filed in situations such as:
- the occurrence of an incident or accident that arises within a Residence or its property, that has or may have a Significant Negative Effect on a resident's health, safety or welfare, as defined by 651 CMR 12.02., or
- If any situations displace Residences from their Units for 8 hours or more, the manager of the Residence or his or her designee must immediately submit a report to the EOEA Assisted Living Residence Certification Unit
Open M-F 9am-5pm
Open M-F 9am-5pm
Elder Abuse Hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Open M-F 9am-5pm
Boston, MA 02108