What you need
If you do not already have the Excel template downloaded, you can do so by clicking on Import from Excel and then download Excel Template when you are going to file your return.
You will also need your username and password for MassTaxConnect.
- Log in to MassTaxConnect.
- Locate your Paid Family and Medical Leave Account panel.
- For the most recent filing period choose the “File Now” link, for earlier periods choose the “Returns” link in the “Accounts” panel.
- Select the Import From Excel link and select “Download Excel Template”. Once the template is completed click Import, and then click Choose File. Navigate to your saved template, then click Import.
- After your file has been uploaded, click OK, verify that all of your contribution information is correct, and then click Next.
- Verify all the information you have entered is correct and click Next.
- Select the way you would like to pay.
- Select your account and then confirm your payment amount. Click Next.
- Once you have verified that your return and payment information and amount are correct, click Submit.
You have now uploaded an Excel spreadsheet for your Paid Family and Medical Leave contributions in MassTaxConnect.
All PFML step-by-step videos and instructions (DOR)
- How to Register for Paid Family and Medical Leave Contributions
For all further questions regarding applying for a Private Plan Exemption or registering your account on MassTaxConnect, please contact the Department of Revenue at (617) 466-3950 to speak to a PFML representative.