What you need
If you do not already have the Excel template downloaded, you can do so by clicking on Import from Excel and then download Excel Template when you are going to file your return.
You will also need your username and password for MassTaxConnect.
Log in to MassTaxConnect.
- Click on your Paid Family and Medical Leave Account.
- Click on the File Return link next to the period that you would like to file.
- Click on the Import From Excel link, click Import, and then click Choose File. Navigate to your saved template, then click Import.
- After your file has been uploaded, click OK, verify that all of your contribution information is correct, and then click Next.
- Verify all the information you have entered is correct and click Next.
- Select the way you would like to pay.
- Select your account and then confirm your payment amount. Click Next.
- Once you have verified that your return and payment information and amount are correct, click Submit.
You have now uploaded an Excel spreadsheet for your Paid Family and Medical Leave contributions in MassTaxConnect.
All PFML step-by-step videos and instructions (DOR)
- File a return and remit a contribution for Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Opt in and contribute to Paid Family and Medical Leave as a self-employed individual
- Upload a bulk Paid Family and Medical Leave return
- Upload an Excel spreadsheet and make a payment for Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Request a Paid Family and Medical Leave exemption
For all further questions regarding applying for a Private Plan Exemption or registering your account on MassTaxConnect, please contact the Department of Revenue at (617) 466-3950 to speak to a PFML representative.