Riding trails at the Fells
You'll find fire road loops in:
- Lawrence Woods
- Eastern Fells
The Mountain Bike Loop trail offers riders a loop path around the Western Fells.
- Green blazed
- Trail is about 85% fire roads and 15% single-track trail.
The Reservoir Trail offers a more challenging ride around the Western Fells.
- Orange blazed
- Trail is about 70% single-track trail and 30% fire roads.
- Always ride within your ability, under control and at a safe speed.
- Stay off trails marked with "No Bicycle" signs.
- No riding allowed on the following trails:
- Skyline Trail (white blazed, west of I-93)
- Rock Circuit Trail (white blazed, east of I-93)
- Rock Circuit Connector Trail (orange blazed, east of I-93)
- Cross Fells Trail (blue blazed)
- Crystal Spring Trail (red blazed)
- Long Pond
- Virginia Wood
- Yield to equestrians, runners and hikers. When a horse approaches, move off the trail and ask the rider for instructions.
- Avoid riding unpaved trails when they are muddy or wet.
- Mountain biking prohibited on unpaved trails from March 1 to March 31 or as posted.