- This page, Middlesex Fells Reservation, is offered by
- Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Universal Access Program
Middlesex Fells Reservation
4 Woodland Road, Stoneham, MA 02180
Details of Middlesex Fells Reservation
Overview of Middlesex Fells Reservation
At Middlesex Fells, you can hike, bike, fish, or let your dog run free in the off-leash area. BOAT RENTALS ONLY. Rent a canoe or kayak to explore Spot Pond.
Hours for Middlesex Fells Reservation
Sunrise to sunset
Parking at Middlesex Fells Reservation
Gates open at 9AM.
Parking for Middlesex Fells Reservation is free in the following locations:
- Sheepfold parking area, Rte.28
- Flynn Rink, the Botume House and Virginia Wood on Woodland Road
- Greenwood Park, the Stone Zoo and one "pull-off" on Pond Street
- Straw Point Parking Area on corner of South Street and Rte.28
- Bellevue Pond, Long Pond and other "pull-offs" along South Border Road
- Jerry Jingle Park on Lynn Fells Parkway (please use caution crossing to reservation)
- Crystal Springs Parking Area on Lynn Fells Parkway
- Additional "pull-off" on Fellsway East
Activities at Middlesex Fells Reservation
Hiking & walking
With over 100 miles of mixed-use trails, there is plenty to see and explore for all difficulty levels.
Rent a kayak or canoe and explore Spot Pond, right in the heart of Middlesex Fells.
Take in the scenery on the Mountain Bike Loop around the Western Fells. If you’re looking for a challenging trail, check out the Reservoir Trail.
Let your four-legged friend play freely in Sheepfold Meadow.
All Activities at Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing
- Educational programs
- Horseback riding
- Mountain biking
Facilities at Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Athletic fields
- Dog park
- Observation tower
- Picnic area
- Visitors center
Accessibility at Middlesex Fells Reservation
Restrictions at Middlesex Fells Reservation
- No trespassing on Town of Winchester Water Supply Lands
- No fires
- No camping
- No grilling
- No swimming
- No motorized vehicles
- Avoid unpaved trails when wet
- Do not go off-trail
- Dogs must be on a leash (Unless in designated off-leash area)
- 4 dogs maximum per handler
- Mountain biking only allowed on designated trails
- No personal vessels allowed on the water
- BOAT RENTALS ONLY
More info for Middlesex Fells Reservation
Wright's Tower may be best reached from trailheads in parking lots on South Border Road in Medford, such as the Bellevue Pond "pull-off."