After three and a half years on the run, a 36-year old man was arraigned for murder today in Salem Superior Court.\n\nHector Diaz Emiliano, a/k/a Nelson J. Rodriguez Figueroa and Abismael Xxxgerena, formerly of Lowell, was arraigned for first degree murder and carrying a firearm without a license.\u00a0 Judge Timothy Feeley ordered him held without bail.\u00a0 A plea of not guilty was entered on his behalf.\n\nThe defendant is accused of shooting Omar Ortiz Lopez, 35, of Lynn, on November 29, 2014.\u00a0 He allegedly shot Lopez in the head outside of the Harbor View Apartments on Sagamore Street in Lynn.\u00a0 Authorities believed that he fled to the Dominican Republic.\u00a0 Recently, U.S. Marshals determined that he was in Puerto Rico.\u00a0 He was arrested last week and returned to Massachusetts to face the charges.\n\n\u201cToday\u2019s arraignment is a result of the diligence of U.S. Marshals Service, whose investigators located the suspect in Puerto Rico,\u201d said Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.\n\n\u00a0\u201cHector Diaz Emiliano\u2019s capture was an outstanding collaboration and great coordinated effort by U.S. Marshals Service investigators in the Districts of Massachusetts, Puerto Rico, and the foreign field office of the Dominican Republic along with Massachusetts State Police Detectives of the Essex District Attorney\u2019s and VFAS units,\u201d said United States Marshal John Gibbons. \u201cAlthough Emiliano has been in hiding for over three years, these investigators persevered throughout the fugitive investigation and paid close attention to detail, locating, capturing and bringing him to face justice.\u00a0 My thoughts and prayers go out to the victim\u2019s family.\u201d\n\nThe case is scheduled for a pre-trial conference on March 27, 2018.\u00a0 The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.