Who we serve
BCMCP serves the 20 cities and towns within Bristol County, Massachusetts.
We reduce mosquito populations through surveillance, water management, biological and chemical controls. All of these methods are performed in an environmentally sensitive manner to minimize potential effects on people, wildlife and the environment.
Commissioners live or work in the county and all decisions are made in a fiscally responsible manner. The Project advocates public outreach and education through cooperative efforts with local officials, school departments and the news media.
BCMCP Commissioners include: Chairman Robert F. Davis, Joseph Barile, Gregory D. Dorrance, Christine A. Fagan
- Beginning May 26, 2020 BCMCP will begin taking residential spray request for the mosquito season. You may call the office at 508-823-5253 between the hours of 8am-2pm. Please be patient as the line will be very busy. You may fax a request to 508-828-1868 or email a request to RequestBristolMCP@comcast.net. Please include your last name, full address including zip code with your request.
- BCMCP will begin taking larvicide requests for water on residential property beginning April 6, 2020. This is only for standing water on property located around one's home.
- Please note that residents of Bristol County can begin making a formal request for their property to be excluded from mosquito control applications for the 2020 season. Treatments to water using larvicides will begin in April and adult applications in late May. For more information on exclusion regulations and to make a residential exclusion request, please visit www.mass.gov/how-to/exclusion-from-wide-area-pesticides-application.
- Click here to see if your street is scheduled for the next application day.
- If you would like to see BCMCP's tentative spray schedule by day and town, Spray Schedule 2020.
- 2019 Bristol Annual Report
For further information, contact Bristol County Mosquito Control Project at 508-823-5253.