OPP safeguards the rights of health insurance consumers by regulating the internal appeal process and administering external reviews for consumers with fully-insured Massachusetts health insurance. OPP also issues open enrollment waivers and provides information and education about health insurance concerns to the public.
Please note: At this time OPP may accept mail only through United States Postal Service with no signature of receipt required. Correspondence mailed that requires a signature or uses other delivery services will be returned to sender.
Don’t speak English? We can still help. An interpreter will help translate the conversation.
Who we serve
OPP serves consumers with fully-insured Massachusetts health insurance who need assistance enrolling in insurance outside the open enrollment period or who would like to request an external review of certain health insurance company decisions. See the OPP Factsheet to learn more about how OPP serves residents of the Commonwealth.
What would you like to do?
Health Policy Commission Public Records Requests
You can submit a public records request to get a copy of specific information kept by this organization.
Executive Office of Health and Human Services
EOHHS oversees health and general support services to help people in Massachusetts ― from young children to seniors ― meet basic needs.
- Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Board of Registration in Medicine
- Massachusetts Department of Children & Families
- Department of Developmental Services
- Executive Office of Elder Affairs
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Transitional Assistance
- Department of Youth Services
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Office for Refugees and Immigrants
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Children Awaiting Resolution and Disposition Data (CARD)
- The Massachusetts Health Information Highway