These regulations, 314 CMR 4.00, became effective as of December 6, 2013.
This is an unofficial version of Commonwealth regulations and is posted here for the convenience of the public. It is not an official statement of the regulations.
MassDEP is proposing the following revisions to 314 CMR 4.00:
- Updates to the narrative section, tables, and figures
- Narrative updates include revisions to toxic pollutants, bacteria criteria, and procedures for sampling and analyses
- Updates to Tables and Figures (1 to 27) include the addition of 153 cold-water designations and other revisions to enhance clarity
- Updates to Table 28 (Site-Specific Criteria) for copper, zinc, and nitrogen
- The addition of a new Table 29 (Generally Applicable Criteria) to directly incorporate EPA’s ambient water quality criteria into 314 CMR 4.00
- Table 29 includes updates to existing criteria (for example, aluminum and copper) and new toxic pollutant criteria
Outline of proposed revisions:
Presentation: Proposed Surface Water Quality Standards Regulation Revisions
There are no proposed regulations out for public comment at this time.
Recently Promulgated Amendments
There have been no recent amendments to these regulations.