Instructions for Apprentice license application
- Please read all instructions before starting your application. This is an application for an Apprentice Sheet Metal Worker License. To qualify for an Apprentice license applicants must be employed by a master licensee, be of good moral character and be at least 17 years of age. Your application must include a recent 2” x 2” color passport photo.
- You may print and mail in a copy of this application or you can apply and pay online. We recommend that you open an on-line account using the Massachusetts E-Licensing and E-Permitting Portal. This will allow you to apply for licenses, make on-line payments, apply for permits, renew your license and update your contact information through your on-line account on-line.
- If you have any questions, contact the Board before sending the application. Incomplete applications will only remain open for 180 days after which a new application and fee is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-727-4454 for more information.
- Apprentice applicants that have completed education from a Board approved sheet metal training program or Board approved Massachusetts Vocational School may be eligible for credit towards journeyperson licensure. Please mail or upload a copy of your diploma, certificate of completion or transcripts along with your application. For a list of Board approved schools and training centers visit the Board website www.mass.gov/dpl/boards/sm.
- Apprentice applicants that have out of state, out of country or other non-Board approved sheet metal training, education or work experience should contact the Board office for information on applying for credit towards journeyperson licensure. No credit will be given for work experience in Massachusetts after February 19, 2011 without being a licensed apprentice employed by a master sheet metal worker.
- If you are ineligible for a Social Security Number, contact the Board for instructions.
- Please note the address that you choose as your mailing address is public record and will be released to anyone upon request.
- If you have been convicted of a crime you must list all offenses inclusive of OUI, DUI, and Operating after/with suspended license or registration. Dispositions of “continued without finding” (“CWOF”) or “admission to sufficient of facts” must also be reported. Do not include minor traffic offense(s).
- Please mail or upload your “statement of employing master sheet metal worker. All forms are available on the Board website.
- Please mail or upload your CORI authorization form . All forms are available on the Board website.
- Please submit a payment on-line or send a check or money order for $ 65 in U.S. funds made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the fee is not refundable. Please note that your application will not be processed without the correct fee. The fee includes both application processing and your first license.
I have included a 2” x 2” color passport photo
I have included certificates of completion for any Board approved Training (if applicable)
I have included the “Statement of Employing Master” form
I have included the “CORI Authorization Form”
I have included the $ 65 non-refundable application / license fee payable to the “Commonwealth of Massachusetts”