Submit a Request
Requests may be submitted online or by mail. Online applications are strongly encouraged and often result in expedited processing.
To complete an application online, utilize the Board’s ePlace Portal.
1) First time users, visit the ePlace Portal to register for an account. You will need to link your license(s) to your account using your Record ID and authorization code. If you are not a first time user please skip to paragraph 4.
2) If you do not have your codes, please request them through the following link
Record ID and Authorization Code Request
3) Detailed instructions on linking your license can be found here
4) Once your license(s) are linked you can go to the “Manage Licenses, Permits & Certificates” tab and select the “Amendment” link under action column in your license record. Then, select “DPL Amendment (name change, address change, duplicate license)” and hit continue. You will then need to select the option for the appropriate request type.
To complete an application by mail, complete the form at the bottom of the page and mail it along with any supporting documentation to:
Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering
Division of Occupational Licensure
1000 Washington Street Suite 710
Boston, MA 02118.
Important points to be aware of:
- Once your application or renewal has been processed, your license should arrive by mail in 2-3 weeks. Do not request a duplicate during this time. Utilize our Check a License service to see if your license has been processed. If more than 6 weeks have passed since your license was processed and you have not received anything in the mail, contact the Board.
- A duplicate license request will provide you with another physical copy of your license. The request will not send you a duplicate renewal form.