Amending a grant
- A Budget Amendment must be used if a grantee proposes to increase (+) or decrease (-) a category by more than 10%.
- For example: If there is $100,000 in the Administrator category, you would submit an amendment if you are moving more than $10,000 of those funds to another category.
- If the change is less than $10,000, then you would not need to submit an amendment. However, please email your program specialist about any changes you are making.
- All sections of the Budget Amendment must be completed and submitted to EEC at least 30 days prior to the proposed change and/or no later than April 30, 2021 for final budget amendments. Amendments received after April 30, 2021 will NOT be accepted.
- Please note that proposed changes may NOT be implemented until your Budget Amendment has been fiscally and programmatically approved.
- Grantees may only amend their budgets up to THREE times per year, unless EEC has required a budget amendment.
- Any changes to grant budgets must continue to adhere to the total administration cost cap (no more than 10%).
- Grantees must adhere to Budget guidelines and Budget Amendment Instructions for their specified grant program.
- Proposed Programmatic changes: A Budget Amendment must be filed if the justification for programming and implementation of the grant will change significantly, even if there is no funding change on the line items.
- Please note: Please select any subcontractor(s) budget and/or PC+ budgets (CFCE only) even if you are not amending any subcontractor/PC+ budgets. The total cost of the amendment must equal the lead agency budget + the subcontractor(s) + PC+ budgets.
- The Budget Amendment will be reviewed programmatically by the assigned Policy Analyst in tandem with Grants Administration for approval of fiscal revisions. The approval will not occur until both have reviewed the requested changes.
- You must click the SUBMIT button in order for your Budget Amendment to be submitted to EEC. Once you click the submit button, there will be a SUBMISSION DATE and TIME at the top of each page.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY HARD COPIES OF YOUR BUDGET AMENDMENT UNTIL YOUR ELECTRONIC VERSION HAS BEEN APPROVED BY EEC.
FY2021 Budget Amendment Online Applications
Your FY2021 Budget Amendments are located within your FY2021 online application. Use your username (if applicable) and/or password to login to your specific online grant application.
Career Pathways: https://eecweb.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2021/Grants325/
CFCE Expansion: https://eecweb.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2021/Grants267/
CPPI- Cohort 1: https://eecweb.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2021/Grants515/
CPPI-Cohort 2: https://eecweb.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2021/Grants615/
Early Mental Health Consultation: https://eecweb.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2021/Grants700/
Reach Out and Read: https://eecweb.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2021/Grants763/