Information for nurses educated outside of the United States

Learn how you can apply for a nursing license in Massachusetts

All non-U.S. educated nurses applying for Licensure by Reciprocity or Exam must complete a Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) evaluation.

You must submit the CGFNS evaluation report of foreign nurse education credentials to PCS. Applications for Licensure by Reciprocity that do not include the CGFNS evaluation will be considered incomplete and will not be processed by PCS.

To speak directly with an Applicant Navigation Services professional, call: (215) 222-8454.

Helpful CGFNS links