FY23 Grant Round Now Open.
This program seeks to protect large blocks of conservation land. Local, state, and federal government agencies and non-profit groups can use this grant to work together to protect properties that meet the minimum acreage required based on County.
Towns with less than 7,000 residents can also receive a grant to build a park or playground.
Grant Bid Posting Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
Maximum Award: $1,250,000
Reimbursement Rate: 50%
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Two information sessions will be held. An in-person information session will be hosted at 2:00 pm on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at MassWildlife Field Headquarters in Westborough, MA and the second will be held virtually via MS Teams at 10:00 am on Monday, January 30th. Please register for either information session in advance by emailing email@example.com by Friday, January 20, 2023 to identify the date you will attend.
Additional Resources for
Eligible projects include:
- Purchase of land in fee simple for conservation, forestry, agriculture, or water supply protection
- Purchase of a Conservation Restriction
- Purchase of an Agricultural Preservation Restriction
- Purchase of a Watershed Preservation Restriction
- Construction of a park or playground
Applications must be submitted jointly by two or more of the following groups:
- Non-profit, non-municipal public water supplier
- Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Government agency