FY23 Grant Round Now Closed.
This program seeks to protect large blocks of conservation land. Local, state, and federal government agencies and non-profit groups can use this grant to work together to protect properties that meet the minimum acreage required based on County.
Towns with less than 7,000 residents can also receive a grant to build a park or playground.
Maximum Award: $1,250,000
Reimbursement Rate: 50%
Additional Resources for
Eligible projects include:
- Purchase of land in fee simple for conservation, forestry, agriculture, or water supply protection
- Purchase of a Conservation Restriction
- Purchase of an Agricultural Preservation Restriction
- Purchase of a Watershed Preservation Restriction
- Construction of a park or playground
Applications must be submitted jointly by two or more of the following groups:
- Non-profit, non-municipal public water supplier
- Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Government agency