This program seeks to protect large blocks of conservation land. Local, state, and federal government agencies and non-profit groups can use this grant to work together to protect at least 500 acres of land.
Towns with less than 6,000 residents can also receive a grant to build a park or playground.
Grant BID Posting Date: Friday, December 17, 2021
Maximum Award: $1,250,000
Reimbursement Rate: 50%
Application Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Additional Info: An information session will be held at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 via a webinar. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register by Monday, February 28, 2022. A link to the webinar will be sent to all registered applicants..
Additional Resources for
Eligible projects include:
- Purchase of land in fee simple for conservation, forestry, agriculture, or water supply purposes
- Purchase of a Conservation Restriction
- Purchase of an Agricultural Preservation Restriction
- Purchase of a Watershed Preservation Restriction
- Construction of a park or playground
Applications must be submitted jointly by two or more of the following groups:
- Non-profit, non-municipal public water supplier
- Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Government agency