HSN-INET is available to all entities who file data with the Health Safety Net (HSN). Use of HSN-INET is free of charge.
- If you file data for your organization, you must complete a User Agreement Form. This form identifies particular employees or agents/contractors from your organization. It also introduces the particular submissions to which each require access.
- For providers using a billing intermediary, a Business Partner Security Agreement must also be completed.
- User Agreement Form | Word
- Business Partner Security Agreement | Word
Use of Special Software for HSN-INET
- If you are filing information aggregated to the organizational level (e.g., financial or statistical reports), no additional software is necessary.
- If you are filing patient-level data, HSN provides you with a program called Secure Encryption and Decryption Software (SENDS). This program encrypts and decrypts all files with patient-level information.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher to use SENDS. The Acrobat Reader is available as a free download from the Adobe website. If you do not have an upgraded browser and attempt to link to HSN-INET, you will be prompted to the direct upgrade link.
Recover your HSN-INET user name and password.
To receive your user name and default password, call the HSN Help Desk at (800) 609-7232 or email them at email@example.com. Please be prepared to answer security questions associated with your account before a reset is completed.
Help for HSN-INET users
- If you need assistance, call (800) 609-7232. This number is available between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitations to entering or sending data via HSN-INET.
The HSN-INET system may be unavailable, due to maintenance, from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Make sure to avoid losing data.
There is a 25-minute time-out when online. If you do not press a key for 25 minutes, you will be logged out and placed back at the sign-on screen. This means that any data being entered online that has not been saved will be LOST. Make sure to gather all necessary information before you log on. Most importantly, make sure to SAVE information frequently during every session.