The SBPP supports growth for small businesses across Massachusetts by offering marketing tools, education, events, and other resources.
What you need to know
The SBPP can help you market your business to Massachusetts' Executive Department buyers. It is a free program, and the registration process is completed in COMMBUYS, the Commonwealth's online procurement platform.
What are the benefits?
- Special consideration in bid/quote evaluation. Although the SBPP does not guarantee contract awards, Executive Departments are directed to give special consideration to SBPP participants when buying non-construction goods and services estimated to cost $250,000 or less per year. This applies to open-market public procurements as well as requests for quotes solicited from awarded vendors on existing departmental and statewide contracts.
- Executive Department spending goals. The SBPP directs Executive Departments to spend 3.3% of their discretionary budgets with SBPP participants already on contract.
- Notification of business opportunities. In addition to being identified as an SBPP participant, businesses registered in COMMBUYS receive email notifications of procurement opportunities issued by OSD and other entities.
- Small Business listing in the COMMBUYS vendor directory. Being registered in COMMBUYS also means that SBPP participants will appear in the COMMBUYS vendor directory as small businesses.
- Training classes. SBPP participants may attend free training classes to help learn about selling to the state and using COMMBUYS.
SBPP participation does not apply to building and public works construction projects and to non-recurring purchases of non-construction goods and services with a total value of less than $10,000.