Harassment prevention orders are not limited to specific types of relationships.
You may ask for a Harassment Prevention Order (a "258E Order) from a judge if:
You are suffering from harassment because:
- someone has committed 3 or more acts:
- that were willful and malicious. This means it was done on purpose and was done for cruelty, hostility or revenge.
- and were aimed at you,
- and were intended to cause you fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property, “Abuse” means causing or attempting to cause physical harm, or causing fear of imminent serious physical harm.
- and did in fact cause you fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property;
- or someone has forced you to have sex or threatened you into having sex at least once,
- or someone has committed one of the following crimes against you at least once:
- indecent assault and battery
- statutory rape
- assault with intent to rape
- enticement of a child
- criminal stalking
- criminal harassment or
- drugging for sexual intercourse