The LAND Grant Program helps cities and towns acquire land for conservation and passive recreation purposes. The grants reimburse cities and towns for the acquisition of land in fee or for a conservation restriction.
The grant supports the purchase of:
- Wildlife habitat
- Unique natural, cultural, or historic resources
- Some farmland
The general public must have reasonable access to the land.
Maximum grant award amount: $400,000
Reimbursement rate: 52-70%
Application deadline: July 12, 2018 at 3 p.m.
Grant Workshop Dates:
- May 16, 2018 at 11 a.m. in Amherst at 101 University Drive, Suite C4
- May 17, 2018 at 11 a.m. in Boston at 100 Cambridge Street, 2nd Floor conference room A
Eligible projects include the:
- Purchase of land in fee simple
- Purchase of a Conservation Restriction
Ineligible projects are listed in the grant BID document.
Eligible applicants include:
- Municipal conservation and agricultural commissions from communities with an up-to-date Open Space and Recreation Plan