The LAND Grant Program helps cities and towns acquire land for conservation and passive recreation purposes. The grants reimburse cities and towns for the acquisition of land in fee or for a conservation restriction.
The grant supports the purchase of:
- Wildlife habitat
- Unique natural, cultural, or historic resources
- Some farmland
The general public must have reasonable access to the land.
Maximum grant award amount: $400,000
Reimbursement rate: 52-70%
Application deadline: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Grant Workshop Dates:
Please note that due to COVID-19, both information sessions listed in the BID document are now being offered online only via webinar. RSVP to Nathaniel Thomas at email@example.com for one of the two dates below and he will provide you with the webinar login information.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Eligible projects include the:
- Purchase of land in fee simple
- Purchase of a Conservation Restriction
Ineligible projects are listed in the grant BID document.
Eligible applicants include:
- Municipal conservation and agricultural commissions from communities with an up-to-date Open Space and Recreation Plan