FY22 Grant Round Now Open!
The LAND Grant Program helps cities and towns acquire land for conservation and passive recreation purposes. The grants reimburse cities and towns for the acquisition of land in fee or for a conservation restriction.
The grant supports the purchase of:
- Wildlife habitat
- Unique natural, cultural, or historic resources
- Some farmland
The general public must have reasonable access to the land.
Maximum grant award amount: $400,000
Reimbursement rate: 52-70%
Application deadline: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Grant Workshop Dates:
RSVP to Nathaniel Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org for one of the two dates below to receive an access link:
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday May 13, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Eligible projects include the:
- Purchase of land in fee simple
- Purchase of a Conservation Restriction
Ineligible projects are listed in the grant BID document.
Eligible applicants include:
- Municipal conservation and agricultural commissions from communities with an up-to-date Open Space and Recreation Plan