- Substance use prevention: Prevent the use of substances, including alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and opioids, among youth and pregnant women.
- Mental health and emotional well-being: Strengthen the capacity of the health system to promote mental health and emotional well-being.
- Nutrition and physical activity: Foster healthy nutrition and physical activity through equitable system and policy improvements.
- Health transition: Support effective health-related transition to adulthood for adolescents with special health needs.
- Sexual and reproductive health: Promote equitable access to sexuality education and sexual and reproductive health services.
- Maternal mortality and morbidity: Reduce rates of and eliminate inequities in maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Racism: Eliminate institutional and structural racism in internal DPH programs, policies, and practices to improve maternal and child health.
- Social determinants of health: Eliminate health inequities caused by unjust social, economic, and environmental systems, policies and practices.
- Healing and trauma: Support equitable healing centered systems and approaches to mitigate the effects of trauma, including racial, historical, structural, community, family, and childhood trauma.
- Family, father, and youth engagement: Engage families, fathers and youth with diverse life experiences through shared power and leadership to improve MCH services.
This page, Massachusetts State Priorities 2020-2025, is part of
Massachusetts State Priorities 2020-2025
Massachusetts Title V Priorities 2020-2025