The Massachusetts Environmental Trust annually funds projects that protect endangered marine animals, and activities that restore and improve critical aquatic ecosystems.
The DFBE Grants Program provides funding to innovative and well-designed projects that support the advancement of marine animal conservation efforts and restoration and enhancement of aquatic ecosystems within Massachusetts. This solicitation is open to certified § (501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, and Massachusetts municipalities, including fiscal partnerships with §501(c) (3) organizations
Grants from the Massachusetts Environmental Trust have been used to:
- find sources of pollution,
- restore marine and freshwater habitat,
- protect endangered species,
- monitor water quality throughout the state,
- educate students on environmental issues,
- and much more.