Procurement fraud undermines efforts to ensure fair and open competition for public contracts and it often creates a hidden cost for taxpayers and vendors alike.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Group-Live
- Advanced Prep: None
October 29, 2019, Amherst, MA
UMass Campus Center, 1 Campus Way, Amherst, MA 01003
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fraud theory
- Tools for preventing and detecting fraud
- Assessing the risks of procurement fraud
- Case studies in procurement fraud
- Different types of procurement fraud, including bid-rigging and collusion, product substitution, tailored bids, kickbacks, false claims, unjustified sole source awards, bid manipulation and more