The Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) is hosting a series of policy discussions and listening sessions related to disposal capacity issues for contaminated soil coming from Massachusetts developments and disposal sites (“contaminated” soil meaning concentrations > RCS-2).
December 16, 2021 Listening Session
This meeting included a number of speakers who were asked to address these questions, to the extent relevant:
- Their connection to the contaminated soil disposal issue.
- Their experience with any reduction in soil disposal capacity/options in the past year/two, including examples and any specifics that will help in getting a full understanding of the issues.
- How stakeholders have responded to the reduced capacity issue, and what they may be doing differently as a result of reduced disposal options.
- What are the consequences of the reduced soil disposal capacity/options for site cleanup work? Has it, for example, affected schedule/completion of a project?
- Do they have recommendations regarding options – short term and long term - for addressing this issue or additional information that they think should be gathered to inform this discussion?
Additional information, including a link to the meeting video, is provided below.