A variety of educational materials on diseases spread by ticks are available from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health free of charge. Materials can be ordered through the Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse. For questions about materials not available through the Clearinghouse, call the Division of Epidemiology and Immunization at (617) 983-6800.
- Teacher's Guide to Lyme Disease (PDF) | (DOC)
- Lyme PPT for Teachers (PPT) | (DOC)
- Tick Identification Card - A wallet-sized card sized reference to help people distinguish between deer ticks and dog ticks and their life stages. Handy tick tips can be found on the back.
- Ticks Can Be an Unwanted Surprise (PDF) | (DOC)
- Ticks Can Make You Sick (PDF) | (DOC)
- Don't Tick Me Off (PDF) | (DOC)
- How to Do a Tick Check (PDF) | (DOC)
- Four Poster Set (Mosquitos and Ticks) (PDF) | (DOC)
- Wear Bug Spray...Keep Bugs Away! (PDF) | (DOC)
- Watch Out for Ticks (PDF) | (DOC)
Helpful links and additional resources
The following is a listing of websites related to diseases spread by ticks. The presence of an Internet site on this list does not constitute an endorsement by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) of the organization, or information, products, or services provided, and none should be inferred. MDPH is not responsible for the content of the individual organization webpages found on this list. This list is provided as a guide for the public to information available on the internet. The information these sites provide may not be from peer-reviewed medical journals and the content may not have been subject to review for accuracy by any external agency or authority.
- American Lyme Disease Foundation
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
- Cape Cod Cooperative Extension Service
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Columbia University - Lyme Disease Research Studies
- Iowa State University (Good site for tick photos)
- Lyme Disease Association, Inc.
- The Dean Center for Tick-borne Diseases
- The Lyme Disease Network Online
- National Pesticide Information Center
- University of Massachusetts: Laboratory of Medical Zoology
- University of Rhode Island - Tick Encounter Resource Center